Mitch RicePersonal Injury Attorney / Partner
About Mitch Rice
A native of Hutchinson, Kansas, Mitchell W. Rice received a Bachelor of Science degree from Wichita State University and obtained his Juris Doctor from Washburn University School of Law in 2002. Prior to law school, he worked as an insurance adjuster handling large injury claims.
Mitch has civil litigation experience from both the plaintiff and defense perspectives and has exclusively represented injury victims and workers’ compensation claimants since 2004.
Mitch is a published author and has successfully argued multiple cases before the Kansas Supreme Court and Kansas Court of Appeals, most notably, the Kansas Supreme Court case of Elstun v. Spangles, which expanded business liability for dangerous parking lot conditions, and Dutkiewicz v. Benchmark Insurance, which expanded uninsured motorist coverage for injured drivers in Kansas.
He is licensed in both Kansas state and federal courts and is a member of the American Bar Association, the Kansas Bar Association, the Kansas Association for Justice, and the Reno County Bar Association.
Mitch is a writer for the Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice and a multi-year recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award, which is received by fewer than 1 percent of the more than 900,000 eligible attorneys.
Mitch Rice Personal Injury Attorney Quote“I want each client to come in, sit down and be able to feel connected. When you walk out of my office, you should have answers, be at ease and feel comfortable with the way things are going.”
- Elstun v. Spangles expanded business liability for dangerous parking lot conditions
- Dutkiewicz v. Benchmark Insurance expanded uninsured motorist coverage for injured drivers in Kansas
- Writer for the Journal of the Kansas Association for Justice
Memberships & Admissions
- Member of the Reno County Bar Association
- Member of the Kansas Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Kansas Association for Justice
- Licensed in Kansas state and federal courts
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science, Wichita State University
- Juris Doctor, Washburn University of Law, 2002
- Mann, Wyatt & Rice, Partner, 2011-Present
- Personal Injury Attorney, 2004-2011
- Insurance Adjuster