Wichita, KS Car Accident Attorneys: What are the First Steps I Should Take After an Accident
There are tens of thousands of traffic accidents reported within the state of Kansas each year and some studies have found that the average driver will be in four accidents during their lifetime. Based on these statistics, it’s important to know what steps you should take immediately after a car accident.
According to Mike Wyatt, car accident attorney at Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys in Wichita, Kansas, the following list could be followed in the event of a car accident:
- Contact the authorities.
- If there is any chance that you have been injured, it is important to seek medical care right away, likely by visiting an emergency room. Often, car accident injuries are not felt for several days after the accident, so it’s important to seek medical care even if you do not feel immediate or severe pain.
- Collect information from any and all witnesses of your car accident.
- Contact a car accident attorney prior to discussing the case with any insurance companies.
- Take photographs of the damage to your property and have medical documentation of any injuries and unusual symptoms.
- Do not accept any type of settlement offer without first understanding the long-term effects of the accident, especially your injuries. Your car accident attorney will help in this.
Contact a Wichita Car Accident Attorney Immediately
If you have been injured in a Wichita car accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. Such compensation could help with your:
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitative care
- Lost wages
- Future lost income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
The car accident attorneys of the Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Firm assist clients like you within the Wichita area. If you retain one of our car accident attorneys to pursue your car accident case, we will investigate your accident, negotiate with the applicable insurance company and, in the case of unsuccessful negotiations, file and pursue a lawsuit.
Request a free consultation with our team of Wichita car accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400.