FAQ: If I File a Personal Injury Claim in Kansas City, Missouri, Will I Have to Go to Court?
If you have suffered a personal injury in Kansas City, Missouri, there is likely physical pain, not to mention fear and uncertainty about the future. The last thing you probably want to do is go to court to fight for your rights as a personal injury victim. Fortunately, filing a personal injury lawsuit in Kansas City does not necessarily mean you will need to go to court.
According to personal injury attorney Jesse Tanksley of the Mann, Wyatt & Rice Midwest Personal Injury Firm, “Most cases are resolved before having to present evidence to a jury.” Tanksley went on to explain the following steps:
- Your attorney will attempt to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- If the negotiations are unsuccessful, your lawsuit will be filed.
- After the lawsuit is filed, the Discovery process follows. The process is an opportunity for both sides to obtain information through:
– Written Discovery
– Subpoena(s) for Information
- Mediation is another opportunity for the parties to resolve matters, although negotiations may continue to be made throughout the process.
- If none of the above resolves matters, the case will go to court, although this is less common.
We Can Help With Your Kansas City, Missouri, Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury cases can be complicated and emotional due to your pain and suffering. If you have suffered an injury, we encourage you to contact the Mann, Wyatt & Rice Kansas City team as soon as possible for a free consultation. We work on contingency, so there are absolutely no fees until a settlement or verdict is reached!
The Mann, Wyatt & Rice Midwest Personal Injury Firm attorneys have more than 50 years of trial and litigation experience. Practicing specifically in the areas of auto accident law, personal injury, trucking accidents and workers’ compensation, we’ve collected millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Request a free consultation with our team of Kansas City personal injury attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400. We look forward to speaking with you!