FAQ: What are the First Steps I Should Take After a Car Accident?
Some studies have estimated that the average motorist will be in about four accidents during their lifetime. Given this, it’s important to know what steps you should take immediately after a car accident.
With the assistance of Mike Wyatt, car accident attorney at Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys in Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma, we have developed a helpful list that could be followed in the event of a car accident:
- Immediately contact the authorities.
- If there is any chance that you have been injured, it is important to seek medical care right away, which might mean leaving the car accident scene in an ambulance or going to an emergency room. Often, car accident injuries are not felt for several days after the accident, so it’s important to seek medical care even if you do not feel immediate or severe pain.
- Collect information from any and all witnesses of your car accident.
- Contact a car accident attorney immediately, if possible, prior to discussing the case with any insurance companies.
- Take photographs of the damage to your property and have medical documentation of any injuries and unusual symptoms.
- Do not accept any type of settlement offer without first understanding the long-term effects of the accident, especially your injuries. Your car accident attorney will help in this.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorneys Immediately
If you have been injured in a Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma car accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim for compensation. Such compensation could help with medical treatment, rehabilitative care, lost wages, future lost income, property damage, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma.
The car accident attorneys of the Mann, Wyatt & Rice Injury Attorneys assist clients like you within the Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma states. If you retain one of our car accident attorneys to pursue your car accident case, we will investigate your accident, negotiate with the applicable insurance company and, in the case of unsuccessful negotiations, file and pursue a lawsuit.
Request a free consultation with our team of Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma car accident attorneys or contact us directly at (877) 768-2400.